Saturday, December 12, 2009

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto volume 16



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts left on my front lawn. I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...


These thoughts melt in your mouth, not in your hands

-When we were kids, we thought you had to be fat to become a member of the Loyal Order of Moose Club. They had some flier and everyone in it loked like a moose. It wasn't until we were older that we realized that most adults were obese, whether they were members of the organization or not.

-Have you ever gone to a ceremony or a high school graduation where they say to hold your applause until the end of the ceremony? There are always a few rude people that start screaming and clapping when their son/daughter's name is called. They just couldn't help it could they?

-If a newscaster ends a story with "OSHA is now investigating" chances are it wasn't an uplifting piece.

-Speaking of the news, these local weathermen today really stink. A friend of mine reports that Barry Lillis used to drink in a bar on Elmwood Ave by Channel 2 studios. He'd say "I gotta go do the weather". A 1/2 hour later, the same bar patrons would see him on TV. They say he was a good guy though. Tom Jolls was the worst in my opinion. He'd predict these huge storms getting all of our hopes up for a snow day. Of course, the next day I'd wake up to a green lawn. The best weatherman ever was Danny Neaverath. He knew nothing about the weather but was hilarious. In fact,I think he was one of the funniest people ever to come out of this area.

-It's always funny when you see someone talking on a cell phone while riding a bike. The other day, I saw someone texting while on their bike. Seriously, be careful when driving. There are many more people on bikes because of the economy. I've seen some of them wearing all dark clothing at night. They are in the wrong for that but it still would ruin your day if you struck them.

-I'm very happy with the comments I've been getting regarding the blog. A few of the privileged elite and their relatives are understandably upset. I'm getting the predictable threats of violence and slanderous emails. I write what I would describe as satire. The response from some of my entitled friends has been defamatory. It's flattering really because they perceive my growing readership as a threat to their lifestyle. I don't know why they are so upset. I write about what's on my mind. I don't answer to any of them. I started writing when I noticed less qualified people getting handed jobs because of their political connections. I have no connections which is just fine by me. I have no plans to stop writing about the topics I choose. If you don't like what I write, go piss up a rope.


-A year and a1/2 ago, Brian Higgins and Tim Kennedy set up a campaign headquarters foe Bill Stachowski on the corner of Dorrance and Abbott Rd. They went door to door in S. Buffalo and told people how we needed Stachowski's clout in Albany. They said he was in line for some made up chairman's post that was going to finally bring representation to WNY. Stachowski barely won the race over Dennis Delano. He was never given this post. Now, they think he's beatable (with Steve Pigeon and Tom Golisano's money behind Kennedy). Kennedy will now be going door to door telling you how bad Stachowski has been for our area. How hypocrytical is that?Which is it? These are the same people that told you how much S. Buffalo needed Byron Brown over one of their own neighbors. Judging from the numbers in South Buffalo, it's a good thing their opinion means very little to most of my readers. Higgins is a professional liar. Kennedy is an aspiring professional liar but probably not bright enough. These people do not believe in Democracy. The last thing they want in this race is for an everyday person to enter it.

-The kids I talk to at school have become fans of The Beatles due to a video game called Guitar Hero. I couldn't believe how many songs they knew. Most of their parents are so young, they probably don't know too much about the band. I guess there is hope for the next generation.Here is one of my favorite Beatles song: A Day in the Life. Go forth...


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog. To the person posting anonymously, I have to tell you your attempt at blackmail is pretty pathetic. I'm actually embarrassed for you. You have to come up with something better than that. I'm flattered that you think of me as important but I have to tell you, I'm really not.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was just a matter of time before the South Buffalo "Elite" would get mad about your Blog. I say F@ck Em! I enjoy reading the stories about what's really happening in SoBo.
    Keep up the good work! Just watch your back ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I guess they just consider me "white trash" and not worthy enough to meet their high standards. I don't think they expect people to stand up against them. But I know, I'm nobody without support from people like you. I appreciate it more than you could know.

    ReplyDelete