Sunday, December 13, 2009

Legalized Prostitution


Just thought I'd relay this link to my readers. It is the list of everyone from the 14220 zip code (or people pretending to live in the 14220 zip code;hi Mr. Comerford) that donated to the campaign of Byron Brown. Most of the people on this list aren't looking for something in return. They are just honest people expressing their satisfaction with Mayor Brown's stellar first term in office. Again, this list isn't from an established website or anything. I just made it up. $48,469.00. Enough for mayor Brown to buy an extra car or two should his son decide to steal his again in the middle of the night.
One of the only things I've never been called is racist. I guess it's because I'm poor. Who knows? Who cares? What I find funny about this list, is the number of hypocrites on it. Not everyone. Believe it or not, I have friends on this list and I would not characterize them as racist. Some of these guys , however, are people that go to bars and talk derogatory about minorities when they're in their tight circle of friends. It's funny how things change when their spoiled kids are looking for city jobs or they want to move up on one of their prized " lists". One woman on this list once threatened to boycott a S. Bflo priest's masses if he went ahead and put a statue (or some kind of tribute) to Martin Luther King in their church (because she thought of it as an invitation for black Catholics to attend mass). Now, she's shaking hands with mayor Brown in some of his commercials! It's funny how your values change when you start to perceive yourself (falsely I might add) as being important. Fortunately, 99% of people are on to her dreadful act. Which is it? Make up your mind. If you're going to talk tough when you're out at the bars, back it up with your actions.

Who knew these people were capable of being so progressive? Maybe, as a society, we've evolved and "there's been a change of heart."

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your opinion . Thank You for not being afraid of speaking your mind . We have alot of phony people in South Buffalo and I am embarassed to live here . Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Daryl. I'm certainly no expert. I like the great traditions of S Bflo and there are so many nice people here. I just feel a small minority think we should bow down before them. This neighborhood could be great in spite of them and not because of them. I think there are a lot more of us than them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete