Thursday, December 3, 2009

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 15



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts left on my front lawn. I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

Nothing outlasts these random thoughts. They keep going, and going...

-I just added Ralph Wilson as one of my friends on Facebook. So the next day, I sent him an email to see if he wanted to go fishing or go out for a beer. He hasn't responded yet. Stay tuned.

-Whenever an offer ends with the phrase "no questions asked" you know the person it is intended for did something wrong. They never respond to these offers because they know questions probably will be asked.

-My favorite Mark Twain quote on here is "a man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."

-I love when local politicians send out fliers that say, "so and so provided funding for..this" or "so and so provided funding for...that". Are they serious? We provide the funding when we pay our ridiculously high taxes. They act like they are reaching into their own pockets and giving out money. Hello. That's right up there with "needing revenue" which really is a code word for raising your taxes or "spending more time with my family" which means I made a huge mistake-now I'm going to act like I'm leaving office by choice.

-Those of you that believed there would be more arrests at the last Bills game than points by the home team were correct. The final score was Orchard Park arrests 34-Bills 31. Coincidentally, 34 was the same number of people who purchased tickets for the game in Toronto.


-The Presidential pardoning of the turkey at Thanksgiving is becoming an annoying photo opt. It probably was funny the first time but... Next year, why not just bring out a dead horse and beat it with a stick. What's the difference?

-The other annoying thing is when mayors bet other mayors in major sporting events. It probably was interesting the first few times. The best was when Mayor Brown tried to bet New York City Mayor Bloomberg a bucket of chicken wings when the Sabres were playing the Islanders in the Eastern Conference finals a few years ago. New York City mayor Bloomberg sent a short email saying he's the mayor of a big city and doesn't have time for such nonsense. I have a feeling that was not what Urkel expected. He probably had no idea that some mayors are actually out trying to make their cities better. How would he know?

-Squatters have moved into my neighborhood recently. A few living next door to my mother were removed by firemen last week. I don't mind as long as they read my blog. I wonder if Brian Higgins has squatters over on Morgan Rd. From what I hear, there were also some people living in the abandoned Holy Family school. Maybe they were just trying to get a good quality catholic education.

- Thank you readers, especially those of you in Bangladesh. I'm a little rushed for time today. Hopefully, I'll be able to add more later. Go forth and sin no more...

1 comment:

  1. Blogs are not suppose to be edited. What happened to the Riverside high school thought you had? I guess you are not a REAL blogger, don't be influenced by others!!!!!

    ReplyDelete