Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Four Micks


It's amazing what some artists can do these days. Somebody went over to the old Republic Steel site and sculpted South Buffalo's version of Mt. Rushmore. (Sorry McKinley Circle Lady. I know how you love to see your picture everywhere but you didn't make the cut. If we get 3 feet of snow again, you might next time.) Is there anyone out there who can say they met all four of these guys? I'm lucky enough to say I've had a bunch of conversations with 3 out of the 4. My one regret is never meeting Tim Russert. He was honored at a couple of parties that I could not attend. Even though I probably would have only met him briefly, it would have been neat to meet him. He was so good at what he did and left us way too soon.
Photobucket
(From left to right: Tim Russert, Congressman Brian Higgins, James D. Griffin, and Patrick Kane)
Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment