Monday, October 10, 2011

Obstruction of justice?



Did Permits and Inspections Commissioner "East Aurora" Jim Comerford interfere with local law enforcement?



You won't get stories like this from the mainstream local media. This story clearly illustrates the level of corruption taking place in this city. This is the kind of stuff that used to go unreported, save for small talk in local watering holes. But the Blogger has people everywhere these days and the walls have ears. At the request of frustrated members of law enforcement, I was asked to report the facts of an incident which took place yesterday.

It seems yesterday, a Buffalo police squad car was parked on Eden Street near Abbott Road. From what I'm told, they were investigating reports of drug activity in the neighborhood. Although they were not targeting her house, the wife of Inspections Commissioner Jim Comerford somehow got into a verbal altercation with one of the officers. At some point, Comerford's son became involved and the argument got heated. It was at that point, according to my sources, that Comerford's son shoved the police officer (a highly respected and decorated Lieutenant) and was subsequently arrested.

What would happen to you or I if we fought with a police officer? We'd be charged with assault. But I guess when you line the mayor's pockets, your kids don't have to play by the same rules as the rest of us. The young Comerford was taken to the South District Police Station for booking. My sources tell me that Jim Comerford was then contacted and summoned there. When confronted with the facts, instead of thanking the officers for doing their jobs, Comerford began berating them and was even heard shouting, "Do you know who I am? I'll have your badges by Monday morning!" The officers took an oath to enforce the law, and now their careers were being threatened for doing exactly that.

Commissioner Dan Derenda showed up at the request of Comerford (in a clear act of intimidation towards the officers). Derenda told everyone involved, "listen, we're going to pretend this incident never happened" and the young man was released.

From what I'm told, the officers were extremely upset that political connections took precedence over their ability to enforce the law. The Buffalo News won't report this story. 2,4, and 7 won't report this story, either. Commissioner Derenda says it never happened. I say it did happen, and the 2,000 people who look at this site each week can decide for themselves whether it happened. Ironically, Comerford's son will eventually become a Buffalo Police officer or Firefighter, after your son or daughter scores higher than him on the test. Oh, well. Such is life. The Blogger reports. The Blogger decides.



(*We contacted the mayor's media spokesman for a comment on this story. He referred us to his spokeswoman and told us not to bother him when he's playing with his toy blocks.)


Share|

15 comments:

  1. Mike,I dont think youll be invited to Mr Comerfords Xmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you call Ch. 2, they say they like to hold people in power accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted it here. There's an email link if anyone wants to forward it to them.I'm sure all parties will just deny any wrongdoing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Mike,I dont think youll be invited to Mr Comerfords Xmas party."

    I doubt it, but I don't have anything against the whole family. There are good and bad in every family. I'm an outsider so I have no choice but to report incidents like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike-

    What you have written here is called libel. You have falsified events and are trying to damage the reputation of Matt Comerford, a really great person who wouldn't dream of doing what you said and who doesn't deserve your lies and verbal assaults. Moreover, get over the obsession with Jim Comerford, another good person who did nothing to you. I will let the law take it from here..the real law that is, not the corrupt Buffalo police department who is protecting a man who is known to be mentally incapacitated..the real person who got the get out jail free card that night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you feel that way. Feel free to let us know what actually transpired that night.

    Obsession with Jim Comerford? I've never even met him. He's irrelevant.I write about all politically connected S Bflo people, not just him. What did I falsify? This is exactly what my sources told me. When a commissioner shows up and starts threatening peoples' badges, it's called corruption. Your neighbors want me to call channel 2 and have them ask you about the threats made against the police officers' jobs. People call me with information these days because they know I'm not afraid to print the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike,

    I'm not sure who told you what happened, but I was at "A" at the time of this and you are going to put this cop in very difficult situation. It's not as you write and there is much more to the story that your buddy is not telling you.
    Please take the story off and stop for officer's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would someone from Police tell us exactly what happened.This story sounds noteworthy so why the coverup? I smell a rat somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Cough sound, cough sound, coverup, cough sound."

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would look great in tomorrow's paper: "Officer fired for attempting to arrest a Comerford for striking him."

    I think his union might have something to say about it. Jim Comerford shows up and says, "I'll have your badge" and it happens? Don't think so. I think the press and public opinion would crucify Mr. Comerford if that happened.

    My sources are credible. Sorry, but I have to go look for a 3rd job now to pay my bills. That's what people who aren't politically connected have to do in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't back down from these lowlifes, Mike. You obviously have them sweating. Looks like they're trying to hide from the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was there and that is a mild form of what happened. Jim Comerford was highly irrate and scremaing those threats at LT. The Lt. was calm in his responses and respectfull; which seemed only to drive Comerford into crazier fits of rage.Comerford's language was obscene and he should have also been arrested. Congrats to the political machine for forcing the police off Eden street and hampering their ability to do their job and keep tabs on the growing criminal element that is now inhabiting the apartments above the old abbott pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lets keep this going! Answers!

    ReplyDelete