Monday, January 9, 2012

Milkbone mystery




I was very happy to hear that the two dogs stolen from the Elmwood Village yuppies have been returned unharmed. To some people, their pets are like family members. Stuff like this happens too often in the city. People might think I'm crazy, but I think they should make stealing someone's pet a felony. That's the only thing that will deter these. God forbid, their conscience would get to them. They only think of their own fate, and a stiff sentence would be a nice deterrent.

If your dog gets stolen, you don't know what has happened to it, or if it is being harmed. The hardest part is not knowing. Some of your Irish neighbors could be conducting dog fights in their basements right now. The DJ on 102.5 today was crying when he reported this story(when the dogs were still missing) and I think most of us understand how he felt. Another DJ referred accurately to the suspects as "scumbags".

Gabby and Gilly were safe at home on Monday. Reached by phone, Gabby said she just wanted to put the whole ordeal behind her and was glad to be back with her old owners. Gilly thanked the community for the outpouring of support and said she was looking forward to "eating a can of Alpo and going out to the yard to take a piss."

This seemingly happy ending does not add up to me, though. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I'm glad the dogs were returned unharmed, but who sold them on Facebook? And, since when do people buy and sell dogs on Facebook? If you bought a stolen dog for $200, wouldn't you just return the dog? What's up with collecting the $2,000 reward? I can see accepting $200 because that's what they paid for them. And the dog walker? Was she an innocent victim or does she know more than she's saying? They need to put her on a tight "leash." Lots of questions. Not enough blog readers to answer them...



2 Dogs Reported Stolen Returned to Owners


Share|

3 comments:

  1. I doubt if anyone would give a reward if you were kidnapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt if they would either, but I'm not in any popularity contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds or even I fulfillment you get entry to persistently quickly.
    my site: foster dog supplies

    ReplyDelete