Monday, June 14, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 29



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts on my front lawn and I begin to think. The end results have come to be known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

-I went to Thursday in the Square this week. It was nice because it wasn't too crowded. The only thing I can't stand are the people walking around there looking for attention. You see people walking ferrets or with boa constructors wrapped around their necks. Come on! Come down, listen to the music, and have a beer. Leave your loud motorcycles, obscene shirts, and exotic pets at home.

-Byron Brown has announced some changes to Thursday in the Square. From now on, it will be held on Wednesdays at the corner of Seneca and Babcock St.

-It's kind of odd that the Chinese and Italians don't eat most of the food they sell to Americans.

-I wish the NHL would have more Canadian teams. Cities like Phoenix and Tampa Bay don't deserve teams. Canadian people love hockey. It's like the country's religion. Cities like Winnipeg and Hamilton should have teams. I'd like to see two conferences: an American and a Canadian conference, with the winners playing each other for the Stanley Cup.

-I've seen enough of the Geico caveman. It's time to find a new spokesman.

-What's up with grown men who try to walk in slow pitch softball? Are you serious? I have a friend who umpires in slow pitch leagues and he says people are always complaining about the strike zone. Swing the bat or go play broomball.

-It's always funny when someone says, "I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I could get run over by a bus." What an uplifting thought. Hey, did you see Jerry today? No. He was run over by a bus. His body has tire marks on it and it's going to be a closed casket funeral.

-The broken play can provide some of the best moments in sports. The playbook gets thrown out and the true athletes emerge. Every coach in the league would have told Marcus Allen to run out of bounds and cut his losses but something inside of him made him turn around and run 74 yards the other way...



I think even true football fans from Dallas were happy with the ref's call on this play in the Super Bowl against the Bills. My favorite part of this play is Don Beebe's celebration (or lack thereof). Also, I like the way the blocker (#97) looks over his left shoulder as Beebe runs right past his right shoulder. In his defense, Leon Lett was a very good lineman with rocks between his ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment