Sunday, July 18, 2010

All in favor. OK, it's anonymous!


The Buffalo News is now forcing people to identify themselves before commenting on their stories. I can't blame them. People will say venomous and slanderous things if they know their identity is a secret. Whether you agree with this blog or not, at least you know it's me saying the things I say. I'm not always right, but I do attach my name to every story I write.

I don't mind accepting anonymous comments. In fact, I'll stick to the same policy I've always held. If it is a good point, I will print it. If it's slanderous and without merit, I'll delete the comment. If you're going to criticize me, the important thing is that I can and will make fun of you ten times worse. I'll admit, it's hard when you don't know who you are making fun of. I love getting the last word in. If you want to make fun of me, please do. In fact, if you say two bad things about me, I'll tell you six more you were completely unaware of. I really could care less. Just keep reading and telling your friends what a jackass I am. It's good for circulation.

Editor: End of anonymous commenting stirs debate : Margaret Sullivan : The Buffalo News

No comments:

Post a Comment