Sunday, August 8, 2010

Letter to the editor- Inner Harbor Development

I agree with this letter writer regarding Bass Pro. I think the people, and by people I do not mean Bob Rich, should decide what to do with the old Aud site. I, for one, am against any "Big Box" type stores. Buffalo is a big amateur sports draw. I'd like to see part of it cater to all the families coming into the city for youth tournaments. Currently, they go to Niagara Falls,the Anchor Bar, Duffs, and the Gonorrhea Mall when they have breaks in their events.

I also think the city's affection for hockey should be included, especially since Buffalo is a winter city. The ice skating rink at Fountain Plaza is cool but a little too small. I don't have anything specific in mind, just my two cents...

Let’s ask residents what’s best for area

I for one am glad that Bass Pro backed out. I could see myself going there once to see the store, but not buying anything. I visited their store in Branson, Mo., and I believe there were less than 10 people in the store. The clerks said it was because it was off season. Rather than select another large store, why not think more about what would draw families and visitors year round?How about museums, entertainment, amusements, indoor pools, ice skating, etc.? New Orleans has the World War II Museum and Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Many other cities have venues that draw visitors year round.


We have a lot of very smart people in Buffalo. Let’s ask the residents what they want on their waterfront. This is too big a decision to leave up to a developer. Ikea? I don’t think so. How about a contest in The News?

Dick Delisle
West Seneca


Click this link and become a fan of My Unbalanced Opinions on Facebook:http://http://www.facebook.com/pages/FANS-OF-MIKE-BLAKE-AND-HIS-BLOG/100601469981173?ref=ts

1 comment:

  1. homeless guy from behind TopsAugust 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM

    Who cares what DICK from West Seneca thinks. When they build in west seneca do they ask for ideas from people in Buffalo? We can't. Use Hamburg Beach but they want to tell us what to do with OUR waterfront. These are the people that lock their car doors when they get to RIDGE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete