Friday, March 25, 2011

City ambassador moves to Orchard Park-Fail


Nothing says: "I love Downtown Buffalo" more than buying a $1.2 million dollar home in the suburbs. You might remember Mark Croce as the man who gave the city a black eye by charging Canadian hockey fans exorbitant prices to park during the World Junior Hockey Championships...

But the longtime city advocate just spent even more to buy a new mansion -- in the suburbs.

Croce paid $1.2 million Tuesday to buy a 12,800-square-foot home in the Summit at Scherff subdivision in Orchard Park.

"I'm a city resident. I'm a city voter. This is where my base is," Croce said. "But this gives my family a chance to do what families do."

And what is it that families around here do? Move out of the city. Sorry, Mark. When you buy an expensive home in Orchard Park, you no longer are a city resident. You see, a city resident is somebody who actually resides in the city.

If he wants to live in the suburbs, it is Croce's choice. However, it runs in sharp contrast to the image Croce has tried to create for himself. I also don't feel he should be allowed to continue voting in the city. I know it's only one vote. However, I think city issues and candidates should be chosen by city residents only. I can't vote in Orchard Park...

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights...

Champion of city, Croce buys mansion in suburb - Business - The Buffalo News



Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment