Saturday, April 17, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 26



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts on my front lawn and I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

-When did hockey players get tall? Tyler Myers is 6 ft 8. The guy for the Bruins(Chara) is 6 ft 9.Both are great players. I thought hockey was the one thing us short people had left.

-When your TV was broke, you got up and smacked it on the side. When a CD skips, you take it out, blow on it, put it back in, and it works. When your computer doesn't work, the "experts" tell you to turn it off and then back on. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

-Did anyone ever hear this DJ on 107.7 the Lake? I'm not sure what his name is.He is monotone and sounds very depressed. He goes out of his way to sound like he is uninterested in playing music.

-One sign of a bad movie is when the main character starts dodging bullets. Especially if it happens more than once during the film. People do not do this in real life. As soon as I see this, I start questioning why I paid $10 to be there. I'd much rather see the actor use cunning or deception to trick the bad guys. The extreme example would be Rambo. Come on! An entire army is shooting at one guy and nobody can hit him?

-I needed some medication last month and don't have any health insurance. I ordered the generic version online for 1/4 of the cost. The only drawback is it was shipped from India and I think it might have been developed from a lab by a college student with no medical experience.

-Everyone hates when people use stereotypes but they usually are true. Take a trip to Wegmans. The pharmacists are Asian. The bankers are Jewish. The deli workers are Italian. And, of course, the Irish are stocking the shelves.

-I didn't want to hand in my 2010 Census because I would rather have less government "representation". However, since it's the law, I filled it out. However, I marked myself down as a 65 year old, hispanic female.

-Years ago, we had an old school priest from St. Agatha's named Father Gerald Smith. He was straight from Ireland and had a thick Irish accent. He didn't drive. One time, he pulled up to the church behind the wheel of a car. My father said, "you drive?" He said, "Yes, I do." "Do you have a license?" He said, "No, I don't."

-My favorite fan of the blog is a guy whose name showed up twice on the crime report for non-violent offenses. Before, they only put the crimes and left out the names. I kind of liked that better as it wasn't my intention to embarrass people. He said that's what drew him to the blog and he grew to become a fan. Go forth and sin no more...

No comments:

Post a Comment