Thursday, August 25, 2011

Female football players

I give these two girls from Burgard High School a lot of credit for putting on the pads. But are they really playing? It would never happen, but hypothetically, what if a 200 pound senior leveled one of them on the field? It wouldn't happen because their opponents would in all likelihood, let up. But, what if they didn't? I wonder if this would change peoples' opinions on this issue. I can see a 110 pound female wrestling in high school against 110 pound males. However, I'm not sure about a 110 pound female getting tackled by a 200 pound male. I'm all for gender equality, but when does common sense enter into the debate?


1 comment:

  1. Females on boys teams is just wrong. If five boys were on the girls field hockey team playing while the girls were on the bench would that be o.k. ?

    ReplyDelete