Saturday, May 19, 2012

Attention KMart shoppers






Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to. 

-Mark Twain


I thought this next story was interesting because it deals with social norms we take for granted. Like wearing clothes in public...



A nude woman who calmly walked into two New York businesses this week shocked employees and attracted the gaze of more than one startled shopper.

Temperatures may have only been in the 60s in Saratoga Springs on Tuesday, but that did not stop 49-year-old Barbara Lafleur from stripping down to her birthday suit while she went shopping along Route 67, authorities said.

"The clerk said, 'Excuse me, ma'am, did you know you have no clothes on?' and she said, 'Oh yeah I'm totally fine with that,'" Murphy explained.

Authorities have deemed her not mentally ill. It makes me wonder when is being crazy not considered crazy?  Our first instinct is to try and help somebody like this, but the experts are saying she does not need help. I don't know about that. If she was in fact, simply shopping, where would she keep her money/credit cards? OK, don't answer that. 

I like people who march to their own drummer and I think they are often unfairly looked down upon. However, there are certain social norms I think are in place for a reason. 
WATCH: Naked Woman's Impromptu Shopping Spree Attracts The Eyes Of The Law

No comments:

Post a Comment