Friday, March 2, 2012

One small step for man...


Vigilante jamming cell phone calls on city buses to help preserve peace and quiet

I love this story from Philadelphia. They say he's committing a federal crime, but I think this hacker should be considered an early frontrunner for Time Magazine's 2012 Person of the Year...

His name is Eric — last name withheld by request. His tactics are simple, but terribly effective: He uses a cell phone jammer to interrupt loud conversations on the city's number 44 bus route, resulting in dropped calls.

"A lot of people are extremely loud, no sense of just privacy or anything," said th DIY phone hacker to an NBC affiliate in Philadelphia. "When it becomes a bother, that's when I screw on the antenna and flip the switch.

"I guess I'm taking the law into my own hands and quite frankly, I’m proud of it."

The only question I have is, where can I get one of these devices? The worst offenders are the annoying cell phone users in restaurants or those standing in lines at stores arguing with their babbydaddies.. God bless technology, keeping us one step ahead of rude people.

Vigilante jamming cell phone calls on city buses to help preserve peace and quiet
Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment