Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/01 Never Forget



Eight years ago, our country was attacked without provocation in New York City, Washington DC, and Shanksville, Pa. Over 3,000 innocent victims lost their lives. The people who perpetrated the attack were extremist religious zealots. I know more than a few Arab-Americans and they were as saddened by the attacks as you and I.

It is often said that sometimes the worst in humanity brings out the best in humanity. I think it is important to remember everyone (the police, firefighters, EMTs, and ordinary citizens) that put their lives at risk on that day and in the days that followed. Many of them went into the buildings knowing they might never make it out. People on the third plane voted to cause it to go down, so it wouldn't crash into another building (causing more casualties).

I came across this video by accident. I wanted to write about the guy they called "Spider man" who had climbed the towers a few times during the 80s and 90s. I wasn't sure his name but I remember how angry he was that they had did this. He felt sorry for the victims and felt a huge connection to these buildings. Hopefully, I'll find his story soon. Anyway, when doing the search, I came across this video. It is the spider man tribute to 9/11. I was never big on comic books but this video shows the events of 9/11 through the eyes of spider man. The artwork is amazing and it chillingly recreates the heroism displayed on that day by everyday citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment