Sunday, October 16, 2011

Letter to the editor- Bills' stadium lease

I agree with this letter writer from Lockport. The Bills sell out 80,000 seats each week. People in this town are obsessed with them and the league 12 months a year. To hold a gun to the community and say you better fork over $100 million, is a crime. The fans who attend games should decide whether a stadium is modern enough for them.

This fan will never respond to threats. I love football on autumn Sundays, but I could very easily find other things to do. The NFL has gotten too big for it's own good. Roger Goodell needs to go back and look at old clips and see what made the NFL great. It had nothing to do with luxury boxes...

Why are Bills asking for additional money?

I am a simple man, so I may need some help in my search for an explanation of something that I read in the paper last week. I read a couple of articles in which National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell, who is a Jamestown native, said that it will take state and local tax dollars to keep the Buffalo Bills viable for the future.

As I recall, over the summer there was a labor disagreement between the NFL owners and the players on how to divide $9.5 billion (with a b) in profits between them. Am I the only one who sees a problem in logic here?

So are the taxpayers of Western New York being asked to subsidize this hugely profitable private enterprise while schools, libraries and the arts are being cut, not to mention the infrastructure that continues to crumble? Somebody please explain this to me.

Jeff Tracy

Lockport




Share|

1 comment:

  1. I agree,we cant afford the Bills anymore if they expect us to compete with Dallas and other major markets.I think our stadium is fine and up to date.

    ReplyDelete