Monday, October 3, 2011

Andy Rooney's last rant


Andy Rooney signed off on his last rant on 60 Minutes yesterday evening. 92 years old, Rooney doesn't look a day over 91. However, he is clearly still "with it." When I did catch one of his segments, they were always pretty funny.

I was subbing the other day and the 5th graders were given a writing assignment by their teacher. I told them, the great thing about 2011 is that you don't have to be a great writer to be a great writer. In other words, write about something you and/or your readers find interesting. Here is what Rooney said last night...

“People have often told me I said the things that they’re thinking themselves,” Rooney said. “I probably haven’t said anything here that you didn’t already know or have already thought. That’s what a writer does. There aren’t too many original thoughts in the world. A writer’s job is to tell the truth. I believe that if all the truths were known about everything in the world, it would be a better place to live.”

Well said. Here is last night's 3 minute segment in case you were too depressed over the Bills' loss to watch television...



Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment