Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I was deeply saddened to hear of the untimely death of Ryan Purcell. Ryan was struck by a hit and run driver near West Seneca West early Saturday morning. The Purcell's children all played soccer for the South Buffalo Soccer Club and you couldn't meet nicer people. Peter and Lisa have always been there for the organization, sponsoring numerous teams and supporting the club in a number of ways. I don't run the club these days, but with 700 participants playing at one time, it's often difficult to run smoothly. Peter and Lisa never complained about us, even though they probably had the right to at times.

I know for a fact youth soccer was not the only thing the Purcell family has supported. There are no words at this time to make this terrible situation any more bearable. I just want to extend my sincerest condolences to the family and thank them for all they've done for the club and me personally. And I'd like them to know the whole community shares in their grief.



Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment