Saturday, April 3, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 25



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts on my front lawn and I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

-I always find it funny when I hear detectives in a missing person's case or a murder investigation have consulted with psychics. Has a psychic ever led anyone to a body? Yet, you hear their involvement mentioned on every one of "those shows". There are still people in the 21st century that think other people have the ability to see into the future. (???)

-We might watch shows on TV about tribes in Africa dancing around fires with their faces painted and spears in their hands and think how primitive they look. Yet, go shopping once in awhile at a Family Dollar store and look at some of your neighbors. Watch how they behave and ask yourself, Are we really that advanced from the tribesmen?

-One guy I'm getting sick of looking at and hearing about is Mike Robiteille. Every time I turn on the radio or television, he is trying to sell me something or talking about his battle with testicular cancer. Go away. You're worse than Cellino & Barnes. And don't tell me he's not drunk half the time during Sabres telecasts. If he's not, then I feel even more sorry for him. The Sabres made a good move picking up Danny Gare, though. At least he sounds professional.

-The other two guys I can't believe have a job in media are Tom Baurle and Sandy Beach. All they do all day is tell unfunny jokes and then laugh at them. There are funnier, more informed people than these two at every local bar in South Buffalo. Is WBEN playing some kind of ten year, non-stop April Fools joke on all of WNY? These guys aren't worthy of tying the late John Otto's shoes.

-If you're having trouble falling asleep at night, John Tesh recommends eating a handful of cherries before bedtime (or you could just continue reading this blog).

-I was all set to mail in my 2010 census form when I heard some Congressman say we needed to send them in so we don't lose our "representation". The supposed funding they are talking about never gets to the people and I'd much rather have less "representation". I mailed it in yesterday when I was informed that it was the law. I just hope other people choose not to, so we can have less of these guys tickling each other in their Washington offices.

-McDonald's McFlurries with the Oreo's are better than anything they are selling at Dairy Queen, and probably for half the price.

-I have no money for you but on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So, you got that going for you, which is nice...

2 comments:

  1. Walk around Seneca St. at night and you will see how primitive some of the residents moving in. White trash! And the rest of the neighbors have to deal with these people who let their 6 year old children run around until after 10 some nights. Then the rest of us have to keep our children in the back yard because we don't want our children hanging out with the kids whose parents let them do what they want. It's like being trapped in your own yard in a way. Since you are talking about uncivilized people at the family dollar I thought I'd bring it up some of the neighbors living off Seneca St, just don't let them give parenting classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad but true. i don't blame you, though. so much for the curfew they put into effect years ago. that's why people who can, move. and the neighborhood gets worse and worse.

    ReplyDelete