Sunday, September 25, 2011

There hasn't been much to write about lately. I liked it better when the blog only had a few readers, as opposed to the 12 it has now. From time to time, I like to remind myself that I'm not an actual writer, just a story teller/social (sometimes anti social) commentator.

Yesterday marked the first day in two and a half years that I didn't write at least one post. It was a busy day, but strangely it wasn't because of lack of time. There wasn't anything in the news that I thought interesting. I visited a friend last night at Hospice and came home and went right to sleep. I love discussing local stories and telling a few bad jokes here and there.

It was nice to ref today for the Father Baker Youth Soccer League over at Cazenovia Park. The league has teams representing the catholic schools in South Buffalo as well as Cheektowaga, and the Southtowns. I had a good time joking around with the 5th/6th graders from Notre Dame Academy and St. Ambrose. They were all so nice and respectful and you can tell they love the game and appreciate the opportunity to compete along side their classmates. I do miss the old days when there was a private school on almost every block in South Buffalo. When I was growing up, there was St. Johns, St.Teresa's, Holy Family, St. Martin's, St. Thomas's, St. Ambrose, St. Agatha's, and Our Lady of Victory. With all the consolidation affecting the local schools, we're only left with Notre Dame, St. Ambrose, Trinity Catholic, and Our Lady of Victory. I miss the old neighborhood rivalries, but times change. Maybe some day, Western New York will rebound and the population will come back. Who knows? Until then, I look forward to going into these schools in late October as well as the public and charter schools and finding players for our winter leagues.


Share|

6 comments:

  1. Time to go on a nature walk and get more animal videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I can admit when someone makes a good point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you post the police blotter? There have been a shit load of car break-ins and now I've heard home break-ins off McKinley and around Dorrace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The South police chief was emailing them out. A few weeks ago, we got an email from him stating he would no longer be sending them out because he took on some added responsibilities. The reports were very popular and I'm sure the block club people will be requesting they continue sending them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that was a nice way of telling you to he doesn't support some of the things you say and would rather not be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm one of about 50 people on his email list. his predecessor (Lt. Strobele)was the one who started sending them out. the report was very popular with neighborhood groups. the new chief inherited the responsibility. it's up to him whether he wants to make the information public. it doesn't have anything to do with my blog.

    ReplyDelete