Monday, December 12, 2011

That's a lot of quarters

Two parking meter mechanics decided to give themselves an "unapproved" bonus and were caught this week...

BUFFALO, N.Y.-- Two Buffalo City workers accused of stealing thousands of dollars from parking meters were arrested Monday by FBI agents.

James Bagarozzo, 56 and Lawrence Charles, 39, both of Buffalo, were arrested and charged with stealing thousands of dollars from the City of Buffalo.

They are both employed as parking meter mechanics for the city.

Investigators say between 2003 to 2011, Bagarozzo allegedly stole an estimated $210,000 from the parking meters he was charged with repairing.

During a search of his home, FBI agents say they recovered approximately $40,000 hidden in the ceiling of the defendant's bathroom as well as $3,000 in quarters and another $4,100 in cash.

Charles is accused of stealing between $3,363 and $4,712 in one 32 day period, and additional funds over various months in the time period from 2009 to 2011.

I think they are innocent. How do the authorities know they weren't going to Putt Putt to play Pac Man? Doesn't everyone have $3,000 in change at their house? The F.B.I. says it became suspicious after one of the defendants attempted to pay for a new car using only quarters.

The mayor's office released a statement saying everything was under control and the two disgraced mechanics would soon be replaced by Tim Wanamaker and the mayor's son...

2 City Workers Charged With Stealing Thousands of Dollars from Parking Meters | wgrz.com

I got a pocket full of quarters, and I'm headed to the arcade.
I don't have a lot of money, but I'm bringing ev'rything I made.
I've got a callus on my finger, and my shoulder's hurting too.
I'm gonna eat them all up, just as soon as they turn blue...

Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment