Monday, February 18, 2013

2013 Erie County races taking shape


In a county where Democrats outnumber Republicans by 135,000 voters, many are surprised that the party is having trouble finding candidates to run for countywide seats. They recently took out ads to find someone to run against Sherrif Howard, who many people consider vulnerable. 

Some names being mentioned as possible candidates are Bert Dunn (from Bert's Bikes)  Tim Higgins, and Richard Dobson, not to be confused with Family Feud's Richard Dawson.


 I met Dunn (or maybe it was his father) once. I'm sure he doesn't remember it. A relative of mine took me to him when I was 19 to ask him to sponsor a youth soccer team. It was the first year of our club's existence and I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing (much like today). 

Dunn (or his father) said to my relative, "what's he going to do for me?"  I didn't know him, didn't want to know him, and only went there because my brother-in-law insisted on it. In my mind, I already decided our program didn't need his $125. It was just a matter of being polite and getting away from him.You'd think after abandoning Seneca Street for Southwestern Boulevard, they'd want to give something back to the neighborhood. I can tell you this. He made a lasting impression, as I still remember how rude he was 22 years later. Not sure who I'm voting for, but I can pretty much eliminate him.The Blogger has a long memory.

Another name I'm hearing surfacing in the race for County Comptroller is that of former County Executive Dennis Gorski. 
 





Please go away, Denbo! We don't need any more decade old fossils running around, especially boring, status quo-protecting ones.
How many people fled Erie County during Gorski's last reign of terror? We finally have someone (Stefan Mychajliw) asking these crooks questions and keeping an eye on our tax dollars. I don't care what party someone belongs to. If the career politicians are against them, then I'm for them. Dear Dennis: Please take all the money you stole from Erie County taxpayers and move to Florida. We're not interested in the sequel to your horror movie.

And I don't want any comments telling me how great Gorski was because I'm right 100% of the time. So piss off! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment