Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Women priests

A group is in town to protest the excommunication of a Catholic priest, who spoke out in favor of women becoming priests. I can't believe women are still treated like this in the church. Some of the most devout Catholics I've known have been women.

Tradition is one thing. However, one needs only to go back and read the Bible to see how much Jesus of Nazareth entrusted to the women around him. I'm a devout Jehovah's Witness, so the Catholics can do whatever they want. I understand the importance of tradition within the church but I think allowing women to become priests would be a shot in the arm after the recent sex abuse scandals...




During this holy week, I'd like to give a shout out to Judas Iscariot. A name synonymous with trust...

One man caught on a barbed wire fence
One man he resists
One man washed on an empty beach
One man betrayed with a kiss



No comments:

Post a Comment