Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Facebook contest

I'm always trying to think of new ways to get my blog out to more people. Right now, it's all I have to get my message out. It's where I hold court. When I ran for office in 2001, those in power did everything they could to discredit me. It's easy to say somebody is unintelligent when when they have no recourse to prove otherwise. How can one fight back when the incumbents are the ones on TV and radio all the time? In 2010, the answer is simple. Create your own media. In a very small way, we have done just that.

A good friend of mine, who wishes to remain nameless, has given me a $25 gift certificate to Chili's Restaurant. To be eligible, all you have to do is be one of my Facebook friends and hit the share button underneath the
Carl's back post. By hitting the share button, you are exposing my crazy thoughts, ideas, and rants to all of your friends. Hopefully, some of them will like the blog and decide to come back. I am seeking other gift certificates or coupons from local businesses as I would like to do this once a month for my Facebook friends. Chili's does not endorse or condone opinionated blogs like mine. However, if you know a local pizzeria or store owner, I would be able to put their logo/phone number on the blog's sidebar as well as give them some publicity and hopefully some new customers. This will cancel out all the customers they lose for supporting a crackpot like me.

The reason I decided to share the
Carl's back post is because I believe 2011 is going to be a great year for Western New York. I heard Andrew Cuomo say several times during the 2010 campaign that "anger is not a solution to our problems." Many voters were led to believe that Carl Paladino was just an angry guy with no solutions. Although this was a smart strategy on Cuomo's part, as many people were duped into believing in him, it simply was not true. While continuing to fight against unnecessary tolls and incompetent public officials, I believe Carl Paladino and company will set out to prove the naysayers wrong this year. They are already reaching out to the average citizen to join their fight for positive change. Please help spread the word by sharing my post on Facebook. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment