Saturday, December 11, 2010

Deja vu


Talk about a bizarre coincidence. A man moved half way around the world from London, England to New Zealand. He was given a speeding ticket by a police officer who also had moved from London to New Zealand and became a police officer there. In fact, the speeder recognized him as the same cop who had ticketed him in London two years earlier...

A British man has been caught speeding in New Zealand and the UK by the same police officer.

Former London-officer Andy Flitton, who now works in Canterbury, NZ, stopped the driver in September and the speeder immediately knew it was the same man.

Flitton said: "He asked if I had worked in London. I said, 'Yes.' He asked if I used to operate the laser gun on the A5 in North London. I said, 'Yes.'

"And he said, 'I thought it was you, you gave me my last speeding ticket there two years ago.'

"The minute he said it, though, I remembered the whole thing. We both just had a laugh. We must have had some sort of connection.

"He only ever broke the law twice and both times I was the one to give him a ticket.
"




No comments:

Post a Comment