Tuesday, August 4, 2009

International Update



Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawhiri (he's Irish on his mother's side) came out with a statement today offering a truce with the US. I, for one, think we should pass. I hope people never forget the pain bin Laden inflicted on this country and the world on 9/11.

Seriously,everyone knows bin Laden is in a basement somewhere in Pakistan. The guy is anywhere from 6 ft 4 to 6 ft 6 in a country the size of Babcock where the average men's height is about 5 ft 3. Give me 4 kegs of beer, 20 drunks from Hoppers, and some plane tickets and I think we could track this guy down in a week.

al-Zawhiri is not a big fan of President Obama. He said, "Obama is like a wolf whose fangs tear your flesh and whose paws slit your face, and then he calls upon you to talk about peace." What a coincidence. I said the same thing last week about Assemblyman Mark Schroeder. I'd like to see al-Zawhiri's resume' as we may be looking for a writer's assistant soon.

http://www.uniphiz.com/faces/usama_bin_laden.htm

3 comments:

  1. Well Mike I agree and disagree. I agree we should pass, but for reasons other than you described. All of the Arab countries hate us, albeit in my beliefs they have good reason. Look at some of the pain this country has inflicted upon them not only in the last 10 years, but for decades before. We are at war in Iraq under false pretenses and are killing thousands of people a week in a country whose only crime was having a crazy dictator. I know it sounds like I am anti-US, but that is far from the truth. I ask questions because it is the only way to get answers. I fully support our troops even if I think what they are being ordered to do is wrong. That being said any wish for peace between the US and any arab country in my opinion is just a ploy because they will never forgive us the wrongs we have done them, I'm not sure that I forgive us. To have peace would require forgiveness from both sides which I can't ever see coming about.

    As for Osama Bin Laden what you say is true. I alone, given one tenth the resources that this country and it's CIA etcetera have, could find him in a week. Which makes it unbelievably hard for me to believe we are even trying to find him. We found Hussein in a 9 foot bunker for Pete's sake. If you look at Bin Laden's wanted poster on the FBI most wanted page ( http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm ) he is not even listed as wanted for 911. The first thing the Gov't did on 911 was round up his family members in the US and fly them out of here while every other plane was ordered grounded. Why is this? Isn't the first thing you do when you are searching for someone is ask those closest to the person? The holes in the official 911 story are many and large. People need to educate themselves about this so that peace and forgiveness can truly come to the families of the victims of that fateful day, and so that our country can heal and apprehend those really involved in this tragedy. Also so that every time we want to attack another country preemptively we can stop using 911 as a pretense for war. Only through truth will peace ever be had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To joke about having al-whatever as a writing assistant, seems to me that you will say anything for effect. I did not think it was funny. His words actually call others to kill Americans and our way of life. That is not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you p4th. I view your response as a well thought out take on my post. You make some good points. Although we don't agree on everything, I respect your viewpoint and your right to say it.

    Anonymous, I can't say what is funny or what is not funny. That is completely subjective. I write what I find funny and make no effort to be politically correct. I'm sorry if you were offended. For the record, I am not now nor have I ever been a member of al Qaeda.

    ReplyDelete