Monday, November 26, 2012

Fireman Ed calls it quits in NY


 

You thought the Bills were having a tough season. Fireman Ed, the New York Jets superfan whose been leading cheers at Jets' games for decades, has reportedly called it quits after finding himself the target of angry hecklers...

"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote. "… The fact that I chose to wear a Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll – which is an outright lie – have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it's in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.
"Although I can 'hold my own,' I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake," he continued.

Several people have already lined up to take his place, including former members of the Village People and the Earl of Bud. 
 


Sanchez attempted to call Anzalone to thank him for his years of support and loyalty, but the call was intercepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment