Monday, March 5, 2012

1st Ward arson



Our 1st annual Head Buried Beneath the Sand Award goes to Laura Kelly, Executive Director of the Old 1st Ward Community Center. Kelly had this to say in today's Buffalo News, regarding allegations that someone in the neighborhood burned down an unoccupied house because the owner (from the Republic of Congo) was black...

"It's just opposite to everything I know about my community," said Kelly, director of the Old First Ward Community Center. "It just doesn't seem like my neighborhood."

What neighborhood has she been working in the last several years? Kelly is either the most naive person on the planet or it's second biggest liar (nobody could ever replace Lou "Pinocchio" Petrucci.)

I will say this, however. The people I know down in the Old 1st Ward (I worked at the Community Center for six years) would not condone burning anybody's house down because of their skin color. Now, if the person was dealing drugs or causing problems in the neighborhood, it might be a different story. Unless it is the work of one very ignorant person, my sixth sense tells me there's more at play here. I just don't see a group of people conspiring to do something like this. I hope the FBI looks at all of the facts before jumping to any conclusions.

Fires fueled by hate?

In fact, we have some actual footage from Republic Street down in the Old 1st Ward, proving that everyone gets along down there...

Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment