Friday, October 22, 2010

Juan Williams fired


Juan Williams was fired this week by NPR for comments he made on the Bill O'Reilly show. He said, " I'm not a bigot. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

You can always tell when someone's going to make a racist statement. They preface it by declaring they are not a racist. However, I think NPR overreacted in this case. He just said what people were thinking. I know if I'm in a line for a civil service exam and I see a Keane or a Comerford(This is hypothetical of course. We all know they go straight inside from their limousines), I get nervous and worried, too. Because at that moment, I know I'm going to have to score 30 points higher than them to even be considered for the job.


Photobucket

Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment