Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blogger jailed for threatening judges

I thought bloggers had unlimited rights. A New Jersey right wing blogger was sentenced to jail after calling for violence against specific judges. Hal Turner was unhappy with three Illinois state judges and their pro gun control rulings...

The same day, Turner protested the decision with an inflammatory post online. In one passage, he quoted Thomas Jefferson as saying, "The tree of liberty must be replenished from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots," court papers said.

Authorities said he crossed the line by writing: "Let me be the first to say this plainly: These judges must die. Their blood will replenish the tree of liberty."


I think Turner went overboard in calling for violence. I like to draw funny pictures and laugh at some of these idiots on here, but we're not calling for assassinations or anything. I'm kind of hoping someone attacks me, though. I already have a neck brace ready for the occasion.
Photobucket

http://beta.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-news/2010/aug/13/nj-blogger-convicted-death-threats/

No comments:

Post a Comment