Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 28



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts on my front lawn and I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

-The world really misses Johnny Carson, in my opinion. I don't know if it was his writers or if he was just naturally funny. Jay Leno isn't talented enough to tie his shoes much less follow in his footsteps. Carson seemed to get funnier as he got older.

-Ironically, Bill Cosby and Eddie Murphy seemed to have lost it as they've gotten older. Cosby used to be hilarious. Now, although I usually agree with him, he comes across as angry. I saw Murphy the other day on one of the talk shows. Everything he said in the 1980s was hilarious, although a little too vulgar for me. I kept waiting for him to say something funny in this interview but it never happened.

-Did you ever see the commercial for the Lifelock company? That's the identity theft prevention company where the guy puts his social security number on the side of a bus to "prove" how great his system is. I just found out the other day, this guy (I don't know his name-just his SS#) been fined several times for false advertising because his identity has been stolen at least 13 times.

-Have you heard of this site called Spokeo.com? You can put in a person's name and they tell you the things they've purchased with their credit cards and bank statements. My one friend does a lot of model painting and they correctly stated that he spends much of his time in hobby shops. With cameras everywhere and stuff like this, it seems like George Orwell's 1984 has come true.

-As soon as you see "mall walkers" in a mall, you know the mall won't be around much longer. (See the Seneca Mall and the Thruway Mall as examples).

-An older friend of mine has been sick and was tested for memory problems. The doctor asked him who the current President was. He said Barack Obama. The doctor then asked him who the Vice President was. He said, "I don't know. Some white guy."


-Did you hear how much the Bass Pro project/joke is being subsidized by the taxpayers? I'm thinking about writing a book about Brian Higgins, Byron Brown and Bass Pro. It's going to be titled The One That Got Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment