Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Purple squirrels and the NY state Assembly race



In a year filled with forty degree days in February, expect the unexpected when it comes to the race for New York state Assembly. At the crack of dawn, a squirrel spotted Mickey "Rivers" Kearns trying to win support from the South Buffalo sanitation workers at the Tim Hortons on Seneca Street. After the encounter, the rodent saw his shadow outside of the restaurant. He claims this is a sign of a Kearns victory on the Bloggers' birthday, March 20th.

Later in the evening, the same squirrel noticed Chris Fahey having a relaxing dinner at Pasquales. I have to say, Fahey has better taste than Kearns as Pasquales is an A+ establishment. (Sorry I didn't say hello, Chris Fahey. I don't like to bother people while they're eating.) I figure I bother them at every other point in the day. I can at least let them eat in peace.

Anyway, the neighborhood squirrel reports that he is NUTS about Kearns. Regardless of who wins, these two will most likely butt heads again in the democratic primary this Fall.

Speaking of squirrels, thanks to my niece Mary for sharing this article about a rare purple squirrel found in Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania. (No word yet on whether they're naming it Snookie)..

Emert said she had spotted a purple squirrel on her property but no one believed her.

"I kept telling my husband I saw a purple one out in the yard. 'Oh sure you did' he kept telling me," said Emert. "Well, he checked the trap around noon on Sunday and sure enough, there it was."


Purple Squirrel Found in Pennsylvania






Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment