Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Ghetto-Volume 23



I look out my window and see the empty 40 oz beer bottles, hypodermic needles, crack pipes and abandoned shopping carts left on my front lawn. I begin to think. The end results have become known as my random thoughts from the ghetto...

I'm very tired these days so I only have a few random thoughts...

-I like most sports but figure skating isn't so much a sport as it is an off Broadway production. The costumes, the music, the gaiety... Are you kidding me? At the recent olympics, several heterosexual men reported speaking with a lisp immediately after watching the men's final.

-It's always funny when the FBI does one of those stings where they tell known fugitives (usually people late on their child support payments)that they just won TVs, video game systems, or home appliances. They show up to collect their prizes and are immediately arrested. Damn! How could I be so stupid?

-Devout is a strange word. It usually precedes the words Catholic or Christian, as in a "devout Catholic". You rarely hear someone say, "He is a devout bowler."

-A white guy playing basketball is a little funny but a black guy playing hockey cracks me up every time.

-New Bills head coach Chan Gailey went down a notch recently in my book. I heard him in an interview talking about how great a running back Marshawn Lynch is.He even talked about how "good Lynch is at catching the ball out of the backfield." A. Lynch stinks as a running back. B. He is horrible at running check down patterns and has terrible hands. It's going to be a long year.

-I can't believe how ignorant some people are. I was driving by NOCO the other day and saw a guy come out of the store. He just tossed the package right on the ground, never thinking that a garbage can was only 10 feet away. I blame politicians for many things but the trash all over the ground is our own fault. Our neighbors choose to live like this. This wasn't some 14 year old kid, either. This was a grown man. How many times have you been driving and you see someone throw out a McDonalds bag out the window? It's pretty pathetic and people in other cities don't live like that.

-Not very often that you hear a disco cover song but I heard this one on the radio the other day. It must have been a Canadian station.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment