Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LeBron's clarification


"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." Yogi Berra

LeBron James' handlers were doing their best at damage control after the basketball choke artist insulted the very people who fill the seats and buy his jerseys. This was his comment after his game 6 "deer in headlights" show ended...

“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said Sunday.

“They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Count me among those who "was rooting on" James to fail. Yesterday, James backtracked from those comments, saying they had been misinterpreted...

“Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and — with all hatred — everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too,” James said. “It wasn’t saying I’m superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I’m not. I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn’t my intent.”

Let me clarify LeBron's clarification. There's no clarification necessary! He said what he said out of spite and it was meant to insult the fans. He's the perfect example of the style over substance mentality, which has become so prevalent in professional sports today. He began the season by proclaiming himself to be the best player in the world, before he even won anything.

http://mikeblake-myopinions.blogspot.com/2010/07/lebron-james-fiasco.html

He wasn't even the best player on the court during the finals. He wasn't even the best player on his team! James' lack of confidence throughout the series was apparent to even the most casual of fans. If I lived in Cleveland, I'd be happy to rid myself of this bum. When you go on ESPN and announce who you're next team is going to be, you better be ready to live with the criticism that follows. LeBon's right. At the end of the day, we all have to accept who we are in life. He being an overrated basketball player.


Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment