Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Redemption

Converting a penalty kick at this level is not as easy as most people would think. If the shooter tries to use finesse and the goalkeeper guesses right, he/she will probably make the save. If the shooter blasts it (like Italy's Roberto Baggio did in 1994), it is quite easy to mishit the ball and send it into the 300 level. OK. That's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean...


Fortunately for Baggio, he got his chance at redemption in France in 1998. With thousands of fans taunting him and reminding him of his poor kick in 94', Baggio's reaction after converting the kick was brilliant. There is nothing like silencing your critics. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!....



A man walks down the street,
He says, Why am I soft in the middle now?
Why am I soft in the middle?
The rest of my life is so hard!
I need a photo-opportunity,
I want a shot at redemption!
Don't want to end up a cartoon,
In a cartoon graveyard .....

No comments:

Post a Comment