Thursday, May 5, 2011

A place where everybody knows your name



I have to admit, when I drove by Nick's a few months ago and Nick's wasn't Nick's anymore, I was a little bit saddened. It was the end of an era. It seems as though every person in South Buffalo had eaten there at some point. Many I'm sure ate breakfast there at 1AM (or later). My first experience with slime sauce was either at Nick's or Seneca Texas Hots, I can't remember.

While it was sad to see Nick's go, I've been pleasantly surprised by the new place. The owners of Chuckie's Texas Red Hots seem to have a good grasp on what it takes to run a successful restaurant. They really fixed the inside up and it is much cleaner than it had been. They completely remodeled it and installed a big screen television. Admittedly, I'm not a picky eater. However, the food has been much to my liking. It's comforting to know there's a place you can go that is almost always open, too. While they close at 11PM on Sunday thru Wednesday, they are open 24 hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

The servers we've met have been extremely nice, too. They really make you feel at home and appreciated. Ultimately, the thing that will make or break any restaurant, in my opinion, is the food. If the food is good, the word will get around and people will come back. I've been to Chuckie's twice with my friend Big Mike and once with the renowned local food critic "The Ninja." We all really enjoyed our dining experience there.

Chuckie's is running a Thursday special if you "like" them on Facebook. Here is the link: Chuckie's Texas hots It is a great deal and I hope you stop by and check the place out and support this neighborhood business if you can. Please feel free to tell them the Blogger sent you.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike...Thanks for writing the blog on us. Chuckie goes way out of his way to make sure we only have the best possible food available. If you ask him about any one item, he'll fill your ear for hours about how he went about choosing the best. Thank you much for your patronage, you are more than welcome to visit us anytime.

    ReplyDelete