Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Poloncarz wins County Executive race

Some people are calling Chris Collins a sore loser for not making a congratulatory phone call to Mark Poloncarz. It was a hard fought race, which got a little testy at the end.

I think you have to take your hats off to the Democrats. They did what they had to do to get out the vote yesterday. With times being what they are, I think Collins' wealth might have hurt him. I have to admit I was very surprised at the outcome. I thought it would be 60-40 in favor of Collins. We often hear about the "anti-incumbent sentiment" people supposedly have. However, unless there is a scandal or a fiscal disaster, the incumbent usually prevails around these parts. Especially one as well financed as Collins.

I do think Erie County Republican Chairman Nick Langworthy is in way over his head. The Republicans seem to be losing all the close races. (Jane Corwin, Jack Quinn, Chris Collins). Democratic Chairman Len Lenihan took Langworthy to school during the course of this election season in my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment