Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where did they find this guy?


I guess you can call it South Buffalo intuition. When I first saw David Paterson speak after taking over for Elliott Spitzer, I told my coworkers"this guy is going to be more trouble than Spitzer." At his first press conference, when he admitted to his past drug use and extramarital affairs, something just didn't seem right about him. He looked like he was already trying to cover something up before he even became the governor.

Now, reports say the New York Times is planning on doing a monster story about Paterson's personal life. It supposedly involves drug use and Paterson's swinging lifestyle. Sources say when the story breaks, he will most certainly be forced to resign. I don't know if I like the way the Times is handling this. How long does it take to write a story? It almost sounds like blackmail on their part. Anyway, Paterson looks like the proverbial deer caught in headlights. He knows about his alleged seamy behavior, but doesn't know how much will be shared with you and I. Hopefully, not too much, because the whole thing grosses me out, frankly. This is fast becoming a very big story but right now it is merely based on rumors, which reminds me of this cheesy song from the 80s...
Frustrated Paterson lashes out at 'distraction' : Home: The Buffalo News


No comments:

Post a Comment