Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hopkins St. Bridge reopens



Apparently, last year officials deemed the Hopkins St. Bridge (the bridge which leads to S. Park Lake) unsafe for motorists. I could be wrong but it seems like there wasn't much (or any) work done to it after it was closed. Now it is reopened? Maybe they just determined it was ok. Who knows? I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I'll probably take the S Park Ave entrance to the park if I want to check out the deer some evening.

I've seen too many Tru TV Shocking Videos showing bridges collapsing in various parts of the country I guess. It doesn't seem like there is too much oversight. It seems like in many cases, officials just cross their fingers and hope for the best. Don't worry. It's not the 50 foot fall that will get you. It's the sudden stop at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment