Thursday, July 5, 2012

Letter to the editor: frustrated citizen


 

The scumbags have won. People like this letter writer have basically conceded that we're going to get ripped off. It's hard to argue with him when he is correct, especially his point about the harrassing robo calls we get from the political lowlifes. So true...


Elected officials care only for themselves

Personally, I don't care who gets elected. It just doesn't matter - you can't please everyone and when elected they don't or can't do as promised.

If our elected officials would like to help us, they should eliminate 50 percent of the elected positions and 50 percent of their staff and pay 50 percent of their health care and no pensions until after eight years of service. This would get America out of debt in two years.

Now, with that said my concern is the annoying robo call to elect whomever. I'm on a do not call list. And it works 95 percent of the time, so let us put the politicians in this class.

So, when busy in my wood shop or working in the house I will not be bothered. Oh, and don't tell me to "press 3" to take my name off the list - I have rotary dial phone. Anyhow, thanks for listening. We know it won't change because it is the elected officials who have to make the change and we know they need the job.

Richard Grotke
East Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment