Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fish dying at Union Ship Canal


 











I went for a walk last week around the Union Ship Canal and was shocked to see hundreds of dead fish on the ice. Looks like I wasn't the only one. Someone contacted WIVB about it...

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - News 4 is working to learn more about a disturbing sight along the Union Ship Canal in Buffalo.

Our viewers tipped us off to loads of dead fish and even ducks in the water. So far, there's been no official explanation about how these animals died.


  Let's go back to 2010 when construction was about to begin on the project. On another walk, I came across mountains of debris and trash that had been illegally dumped on this site. Not sure how long it had been there, but there definitely were hazardous materials included amongst the hundreds of tires. I videotaped what I saw, and I'm glad I did. Now, when they say it was never a dumping ground, there is visual evidence to prove otherwise...   http://mikeblake-myopinions.blogspot.com/2010/04/whenever-i-bring-my-camera-with-me-i.html

No comments:

Post a Comment