Thursday, July 21, 2011

Woods fires caddie: Interim named


Tiger Woods fired his longtime caddie today. I wonder how much he's paying him to keep his mouth shut to the press...

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Tiger Woods fired caddie Steve Williams on Wednesday, leaving his good friend stunned and ending a 12-year relationship in which he won 72 times worldwide and 13 majors.

"I want to express my deepest gratitude to Stevie for all his help, but I think it's time for a change," Woods said on his website. "Stevie is an outstanding caddie and a friend and has been instrumental in many of my accomplishments. I wish him great success in the future."

Woods did not say who would replace Williams -- one of only two caddies he has employed on a regular basis -- or when he might return to golf.

"Needless to say, this came as a shock," Williams said in a statement posted on his own website.

Woods has named Carl Spackler as a replacement for Williams on an interim basis. A former assistant greenskeeper, Spackler made a name for himself by caddying for the Dali Lama in Tibet...



New Beginning For Tiger? - ESPN Video - ESPN

Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment